Saturday, October 10, 2009

On fire!


It's hot and sweaty, and not much hope of a decent bit of rain to cool us down for another month or so, people start to leave town, the ones that stay start to go crazy... But there are some compensations, it's also mango season (yum), and the flame trees come into flower.






This tree is just down the road, it's amazing I haven't crashed the car because I can't keep my eyes off it when I drive past.




Here's a little painting I did yesterday - flame tree and dog.


2 comments:

  1. It sure is an amazing tree. I like yours too and the little dog. I can't imagine it getting so hot. I found it only just bearable here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is an amazing tree! i need to get out there with my camera and get some pictures before all the leaves fall in my neighborhood :)

    ReplyDelete