Sunday, January 17, 2010

Soft rain


When I look back at the few months of art journal pages I managed to complete last year, the ones I enjoy the most are the diary-like ones that remind me of the day we went to the wildlife park out of tourist season and had the place to ourselves, or the time we had a birds nest complete with eggs right by the back door, or the day I cooked pancakes liberally sprinkled with anger!


My latest pages are full of clouds and rain! When there's a lull in the rain we dash out, my favourite is to go to the beach for a good walk.




This one might become a lino-print, I've also been playing with monoprints today - no photos to show yet, but I will soon.


Now a question! This vine has sprouted in my compost heap, I'm hopeful it might be sweet potato, but probably it's just a weed. If it looks familiar to you I'd love to know what it is!


2 comments:

  1. I don't know the plant but I like the idea of an art diary

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for dropping by.. some lovely things you are exploring over here..i admire anyone who can tackle the empty journal page! Have you tried the japanese rubber carving block?

    ReplyDelete