Saturday, February 27, 2010

Revision

So I've finished the gluttony painting - which I think of as a kind of mona lisa with burger bun! In the end it only took half an hour and some very minor adjustments - an extra roof top, a tendril of hair, the colour of the flags, and that was it. I had it hanging on the verandah where we eat dinner, for the last 2 weeks, so I'd been looking at it and thinking about what needed changing.


It seems strange that I can jump back into a painting, but struggle to revise a poem. Especially because changes to a painting aren't reversible, once the acrylic goes on you can't go back. Whereas with writing you can keep a copy of each draft.


Sorry about the quality of the photo, it seems very yellow. The monsoon is back with more torrential rains, and very grey skies. No sun at all today, but it did lighten a bit this afternoon when I grabbed the chance to take this shot.

2 comments:

  1. i really love this, it has a collage feel to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessie, I do glue on bits of fabric first, to get rid of the blank canvas! Sometimes they become part of the image and sometimes they are completely painted over.

    ReplyDelete