Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bus blues

Here's my effort for the big tent poetry, it didn't come so easy this week!

An antidote for the blues

On Monday
someone will flip the switch
the bus driver will be smiling,
passengers will embrace
like long lost friends
the security guy and the office worker
the chef and the shoplady
will clasp hands
and meet the other's eye.

Serene as a cruise ship
we will glide in and out
of bus stops
no one will have to run
no one will be left behind
and at the terminus
a round of applause
for the driver
a brass band playing and fireworks
for a safe trip on schedule.



I'll be back in the next day or two with more sketchbook pages.

8 comments:

  1. Quite the cheerful picture of a Monday. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice... I like the promise in this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a marvellous cure for the blues - it brought a happy smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! My husband used to ride the bus to help with his commute to work, and he would describe some of the people and interactions going on...this poem paints such a contrast to the real bus ride! It made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great dream to have, and you've found a lovely way of telling it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks for all your comments, I have taken a quick peek at your blogs, but I'm a terrible lurker I will try to leave comments now and again! Right now we have a cyclone swirling around - lots of rain and a few trees down, hopefully it will blow past tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete