Saturday, July 6, 2013

Using up the stash again


Yesterday I got out my folder of papers and my tray of foam prints and had a play!!


 Those folders of card making stuff are like the magic porridge pot!!! they never seem to be used up. I guess I'm always adding things like wrapping paper or japanese papers I can't resist, along with my new prints. All there, waiting to be put together in the right combination - it's lovely when a little piece that's been waiting for years finds its place on a card!


Here's my third piece for the çurrent' exhibition, which opened last week at Tactile arts. The members shows are always an interesting mix. There are some lovely sculptural pieces, and jewelry using electrical components!

Today I went on a gallery hop around Darwin (to catch up on a bunch of exhibitions where I've missed the openings). The one that blew me away was Wendy Sharpe at Muk Muk Gallery - she's a Sydney artist so we're pretty lucky to see her stuff. Just wonderful exuberant use of paint!!

I have also been doing a bit of blog hopping, I loved this thought at daisy yellow blog - to think that there are six months of the year ahead to achieve something!! (instead of worrying that half the year is over).
I hope you're having a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment