Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Bits and Pieces

It's hard to believe the school holidays are over and the kids are back at school today. We don't seem to have done very much... I guess we've been relaxing!!

I've been pottering along doing bits and pieces,


sketchbook pages

new flags in progress


playing with watercolours at my friend Alison's studio.

Now that school's back I won't be interrupted by requests for banana smoothies and cheese on toast...so I'm hoping to get my teeth into some of the projects I've been putting off!


A very kind friend has given me this beautiful book (THANKYOU NAT!)
I can't believe I've never heard of Mark Hearld before, his subject matter (parks, gardens, birds) and his techniques really resonate with me. I especially love his linocuts


and am fascinated by his collage work too. It has been making me feel nostalgic for England, one piece in particular of allotments in autumn, makes me want to go on my childhood walks past allotments to the local park in Leeds.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back in the everyday life.
    I am also fascinated by Mike Hearald's work.
    Greetings from jumie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jumie, many thanks for visiting, hope your January has gone well :)

      Delete