Wednesday, January 15, 2014

new years reading

I've enjoyed hopping round the internet reading other bloggers resolutions and plans for the new year. I had been feeling a bit bah humbug about it, especially as I already have a few group shows and members shows lined up this year, and feel like my plate is dangerously full.....

This post from cloth paper scissors about squeezing art into the day in 5 minute bites got me thinking...it's a way to do some experimenting alongside the projects that need doing.

And Annamaria Potamiti's blog always makes me want to get back to some painting, her watercolours in this post are delicious!! I love what she's learning from her small daily painting and want to be on that kind of journey too.

So I set up a little still life and did one reasonably observed painting and 2 more imaginative variations! These are in acrylic on old book pages. Hopefully I'll be doing more in the coming weeks!





I also loved these quotes on daisy yellow blog especially the first from George Bernard Shaw, and this one at Rett Grayson's blog.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention Kate! I am so delighted you find my project inspiring! I love both your observed and your imagined interpretations of the still life. Wishing you much joy and creativity for the coming year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Annamaria, I love that you're already adapting your project as you go! Best wishes

      Delete