Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome 2015!


The monsoon is here at last, rain has been steadily pouring through the night and morning, frogs are croaking the pool and wheelbarrow are overflowing. Apparently we've had 140mm so far, approx 6 inches of rain. We're under a blanket of thick cloud, this morning it was like waking up in a kind of twilight. The temperature is 24 (centigrade) instead of 34, what a relief!


It's a lovely day to be at home chiseling a lino. This year I want to focus more on art, it's so easy to be sidetracked by demands of work and family...all those chores are not going away, but I can put half an hour of art first rather than doing all the other stuff and seeing if I have the energy for art at the end... I'll be keeping a time diary for a little while to see where I can squeeze more art in!


I'm almost at the end of my two weeks holiday, I've been walking at the beach as always and doing some quick sketches. I've also done a couple of new lino-cuts for cards which I hope to print before next week. Too much of the holiday has been spent at the shops - food shopping, last minute xmas shopping, and then the sales... To balance this out there's been copious amounts of tea drinking and having a little lie down with a good book. I'm reading 'The Silkworm' by Robert Galbraith (J K Rowling) a murder mystery and just loving it.

So I hope you're having a lovely day to start the new year, and hope 2015 is a year of kindness and creativity for us all.


2 comments:

  1. I like your sketches. Looks like the mangroves and beach succulent (something or other species) It's a great time to walk the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David, the sketches are of that rocky bit of shore just past Nightcliff jetty, most of my walks seem to end up there!

    ReplyDelete