Monday, October 26, 2015

Build up blossoms

It's the build up, the hot and humid time of year when people go troppo waiting for rain. We did have some early showers in September but nothing in October and the heat is building... the plants don't care though, heaps of trees burst into blossom at this time of year.

Here are some photos of a flower spike on my galangal (Thai ginger) plant, I've been growing them for a few years but haven't noticed them in flower before.






And some photos of the blossom trees I saw on my walk this morning.





And a drawing from my big sketchbook.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Kate I like this drawing of the tree people very much. It must have been difficult getting used to the weather there! Don't know if I would be able to cope with it:) The flowers and plants are lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, thanks for visiting! We had a good downpour last night so I'm feeling a bit more sane!! I can't complain though, I haven't lived through a proper winter for over 20 years and if the temperature goes under 20 I'm freezing. best wishes to you :)

      Delete
  2. Love the people in tree sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting David, lovely to catch up on your travels over on you blog. Best wishes for 2016.

    ReplyDelete